buy the adjustable bias tape foot for the janome 1200d and Elna 845 overlocker and hemming foot. buy here on line or call us on 1300137041
buy the adjustable bias tape foot for the janome 1200d and Elna 845 overlocker and hemming foot. buy here on line or call us on 1300137041ADJUSTABLE BIAS BINDER FOOT (M)This adjustable foot allows you to attach 10 mm to 40 mm wide pre-folded bias tape. The foot facilitates the attachment of binding onto a lightweight or medium weight fabric edge using the Chainstitch. Creating the look you want has never been easier.
ATTACHING PRE-FOLDED BIAS TAPE TO AN EDGE
1. Select sewing program:(10) Chainstitch
2. Thread and set up machine as indicated on the machine or in your instruction manual.
3. Use any size of pre-folded bias tape. Cut one end at a 45° angle. Insert cut angle into guide “A”.See Figure 44
.4. Pull bias tape under foot and extend it behind foot. Adjust the guide opening with screw “B”until bias tape folded edges are slightly touching left side of guide.
5. Attach bias binder foot (M).
6. Adjust position of bias guide with screw “C”. See Figure 45.
7. Lower needle into bias tape. Check screw “C” adjustment. Insert fabric edge into fold of bias tape. Lower the presser foot. See Figure 46.
8. Sew first two stitches by hand turning the hand- wheel. Sew at a slow speed holding fabric in left hand and bias tape in right hand.
HINT: When sewing a curve, lower needle, raise foot and reposition fabric against guide every two or three stitches. Lower foot and continue in same manner around entire curve. Avoid very tight curves. NOTE: Attach bias tape with a Cover Hem stitch using the same method. See Figure 47.