The elastic gathering foot has three sizes. this one is 10mm. buy here or ring us on 1300137041. part number 200805205
The elastic gathering foot has three sizes.
Click here to see more optional attachments
this one is 10mm. buy here or ring us on 1300137041. part number 200805205
ELASTIC GATHERING FOOT (C) AND ELASTIC GATHERER (3 SIZES)
The elastic gathering foot not only takes the hard work out of evenly attaching elastic, it is also great for making your own custom soutache. Simply snap on one of the three elastic gathering attachments to quickly sew 7.5 mm, 10 mm, or 13 mm (1/4”, 3/8” or 1/2”) flat elastic directly onto fabric using either a three or four-thread overlock stitch. Another option with this versatile foot is to create shirring with Cover Hem stitching.
OVERLOCKING ELASTIC GATHERS
1. Select sewing program:(1) Safety 4-Thread Stitch or(2) 3-Thread Stitch Wide
2. Thread and set up machine as indicated on the machine or in your instruction manual. Set Stitch Width Dial to widest width. Set SL to 3 1/2-4. Test Sew.
3. Attach elastic gathering foot. Snap elastic gatherer “A” onto elastic gathering foot. See Figure 1.
4. Loosen adjustment screw “B” and insert elastic into slot “C”. (Cut a generous length to allow for test sewing.) Pull elastic under foot and extend it behind foot. Tighten screw “B” to set amount of gathering. See Figure 1.
5. Position guide “D”; the elastic should be on the needle plate right edge and next to cutting blades. Place fabric with right side up under elastic in front of cutting blades. See Figure 2.
6. Lower needle(s) into fabric. Lower the presser foot. Sew first two stitches by hand turning handwheel. Test sew, adjusting elastic gatherer for fullness and checking that only fabric and not the elastic is being cut. Sew at medium speed.
See Figure 3
.NOTE:If you are using elastic lace, insert lace scallop to left side of elastic gatherer.